Cannot manage to boot kernel on Prep PowerPc

Hello,

I have been trying for some days (due to compile time length), to
compile a 2.4 kernel on an old Estrella station. This have a PowerStack
Prep processor.

Having managed to compile this, i am quite lost when it comes to
preparing "bootloader", as the system does not really have one.

I dd'ed vmlinux into /dev/sda1 (Prep boot partition), but when booting,
it stops to "Uncompressing Kernel" (or something like this).

I have the idea that it could come from missing ramimage, or something
like this, but get lost into the few documentation i found. Prehaps
someone here could help me getting this running, and i promise i'll
write a documentation to avoid people playing with old stations such
matters ;).

TIA for your answers,

Jerome Walter

P.S:
fallback:/usr/src/linux# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 604
clock           : 127MHz
revision        : 3.4
bogomips        : 266.24
zero pages      : total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/359 (0%)
machine         : PReP Blackhawk (Powerstack)
L2              : none
simms           : 0:16M 1:16M 2:64M 3:64M