Re: translations.txt --> Debian installer translation micro-HOWTO

> > How can translators their language choice included?
> > How can they see it all ready exists?
> > How do they get potfiles?

I'll try to write something about this. Mostly by pointing again to
Denis status pages.

> About languagechooser, I think that using this line is sufficient:
>
> - languagechooser
>   (read debian-installer/tools/languagechooser/README.trans for details)

Yes, fine.

> About potfiles, at least it must be mentioned that
> debian/po/templates.pot (from package directory) should be copied to
> debian/po/LL.po and the latter be edited with KBabel, gtranslator or
> other such program.  Given that msgmerge is executed from time to time,
> updating LL.po is done by just checking out latest version, fixing fuzzy
> and untranslated messages and sending the translation, as described later.

Well, I'm not sure the translators.txt file should be a "Translation
HOWTO". IMHO, the intended audience is mostly people already familiar
with gettext stuff.