Re: Minimal memory installation

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 10:39:02PM -0400, Levi Bard wrote:

> Yeah, it hangs while loading the root ramdisk into memory.  Maybe I'll try to find a copy of slink, or maybe I can install a distri designed for embedding, then add apt.

You could put the harddisk of this box in another computer with more ram
for installation or rebuild boot-floppies without all the languages and
put a minimal kernel (2.2) on the boot disk.

I'm relativly sure that this is doable, but running apt with 8 MB will
take ages for anything!

Christian Leber

--
  "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
   nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."       (Aurelius Augustinus)