Please help me make the .template files for Debian CDs smaller

Hello,

many of the floppy images on the FTP server currently start with 1k or more
of zero bytes. This is bad for jigdo. Would it be possible to write a
couple of random bytes somewhere in the first 1k of each image?

"Random" can be anything which makes the images differ from each other in
the first 1k - literally random data, a timestamp, or similar.

This is necessary because of inherent properties of the algorithm that
jigdo-file uses to find all the files inside the CD image. Currently, the
1k of zeroes prevents the floppy images from being found, so they end up in
the .template data.

I noticed that /some/ floppy images contain data in their first 1k. It's
not necessary to change these, just the all-zeroes ones cause problems.

Would it be a lot of work to arrange this? You'd do me a great favour!

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _