Re: autopartkit cvs

[Martin Sjögren]
> I was going to try out autopartkit again, but I noticed that it
> doesn't build from cvs, you have to execute the auto* stuff
> yourself, in proper order, mind.

Yes, that is on purpose.  Read HACKING if you want to make the CVS
source compilable.

> This leads me to two questions:
> * What's in the .tar.gz in the archive? How is it generated?

The .tar.tz is a complete source distribution, including configure and
*.in.  It is generated in a Sid chroot.

> * Why doesn't debian/rules do the auto* stuff for me?

Because I believe the debian/rules file should start with a proper
source distribution, not with the CVS source.