Re: Language selection: cdebconf and main-menu

> Does it mean that cdebconf should not use the LANGUAGE environment variable
> at all?  If not, what is the exact role of this variable and the debconf
> question?

well... i'm not clear on why we have LANGUAGE and don't use either
LC_MESSAGES or LC_ALL. Isn't that the standard way to define locales?
instead of using getenv("LANGUAGE") we could use setlocale(3) ....

actually i don't mind using an environment variable for this purpose,
I'm just not comfortable with adding random debconf commands to
cdebconf if we can avoid it.

randolph