Results from using sarge CD 1

Hello,

This is my first post to this list. If you don't like the format of this
error list, please point me to a preferable format and I'll use it.

Jigdo'ed a sarge CD for myself yesterday.

Machine :	Cyrix 6x86 133 Mhz, 64Mb RAM, 2.1 Gb HD, floppy, CDROM that
won't boot (used sbm.bin)

There are a number of errors before that with "kmod: failed to exec
/sbin/modprobe -s -k net-pf-1, errno = 2"

Then I'm presented with a text menu saying "Here is the menu of the
Debian installer" and it's menu options (1-3). 1 is default and I press
<Enter>. I choose 3, then an error "rm: unable to remove
'/usr/share/discover': directory not empty.

CDROM is detected, but Linux IDE-SCSI emulation layer seems to have
failed. The default option at this point is to start a shell, so being
an inexperienced user I do this and I get "/bin/sh: can't access tty:
job control turned off", but I do get a shell.

I look around here, 'cause I'm curious, and I find debian-installer in
/sbin. I run this and get X_LOADTEMPLATEFILE
/var/lib/dpkg/info/anna.templates and things just seem to sit there for
a very long time. I can't ctrl X out of this, so I go to the other
console and do a ps aux find the debian-installer process and kill it. I
now do exit to get back into the installer and now I get
X_LOADTEMPLATEFILE /var/lib/dpkg/info/cdebconf-udeb.templates and I seem
to be stuck again

Hope this helps in some way.

Haven't been able to install a system with the CD.

Cheers
Dave Creelman