Re: another volunteer

* Alastair McKinstry

| Another volunteer signing up to help debian-installer.
|
| As console-tools maintainer, I'm probably the person to help with the
| keyboard choice  questions :-), or is that already being done?

It's not even begun. :)

| I've checked out CVS, read the docs. I haven't found any section for
| selecting the keyboard yet. I'm unsure from the docs - should I write a
| udeb (based on cdebconf) to get the keyboard choice?  And if so, what
| should I do with the result? (in a live debian system, its stored in
| /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz)

Yes, you should just load the keyboard layout and store it in debconf
where you can retrieve it when base-config runs, or put the
boottime.kmap there in prebaseconfig (which is the last step before
reboot)

| It looks like taking the code from boot-floppies and converting it to
| cdebconf and udeb is the way to start. Is this correct?

You could take a look at it, but I think it's easier to start from the
already-debconfiscated console-* packages.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-