Re: Partition tools (Re: debian-installer status -- 2002-07-29)

#include <hallo.h>
Matt Zimmerman wrote on Mon Jul 29, 2002 um 09:00:42AM:

> > I object. EVMS is nice and it is the future. But currently, I miss some
> > features and the guys are preparing a new version with major changes.
> >
> > Lvm10 is known to be stable enough, EVMS is not (yet).
>
> What is the basis for your objection?  Are you going to try to stop someone
> else from doing this development?

Pretty simple. The same reason as for not having XFS in the default
kernel:

 - development stage
 - not in the kernel
 - changes lots of stuff in the kernel
 - not stable or has other nasty bugs
 - future stable version breaks things

I know that you like EVMS, and I do too, but it's still beta-ware. You
may argue that it will be stable to the time when Sarge is ready - but
we do also release with 2.2.x as default 1.5years after 2.4 release.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Every nonzero finite dimensional inner product space has an orthonormal basis.
It makes sense, when you don't think about it.