Re: non-i18n'd arches

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 05:51:36PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 01:27, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > So, the framebuffer on my amiga is special? I was told it works on a mac...
>
> "Special" is one word for it. :-)
>
> What does fbset say if you run it on the Amiga?  It sounds like your
> framebuffer is reporting its geometry or something in a way that bogl
> doesn't understand.  I don't know if anybody has used bogl on a machine
> with planar graphics before, so there might be issues there.  The mac
> uses packed pixels from what I remember.

cts@aahz:~>sudo fbset

mode "1280x1024-75"
    # D: 134.880 MHz, H: 79.905 kHz, V: 74.958 Hz
    geometry 1280 1024 1280 1024 8
    timings 7414 232 64 38 1 112 3
    vsync high
    csync high
    accel true
    rgba 8/0,8/0,8/0,0/0
endmode

Note: my standard resolution is 1280x1024 (not that I use that display) and
the problem still remains. Only when I run bterm, the colors in the shell
change, ls -l lists binaries in bright green, after starting bterm that
becomes pale yellow. But the output still hides in the first line of the
screen...
Planar grafics? This is using a grafic card, I could try without, using
native video if you think that helps.

Christian