Changing the file linux to linux.bin

I've attached a patch for changing the 'linux' file throughout
boot-floppies to 'linux.bin', per James Treacy's request a couple of
weeks ago. This is a global change, including scripts, docs, and
messages.

I've spent several hours constructing and proofing, and I'm confident
this will do exactly what we want, without affecting other instances
of linux in the code/docs/messages. But please sample it in the next
day or two to see if you agree. I would like to commit it on Saturday,
before too many conflicts build up.