Re: Danish inclusion on the international disk

Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> writes:

> Well, the Linux Counter results aren't the only thing one has to
> consider.  According to
> http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=JPN there are 126
> million Japanese speakers worldwide, against about 5.5 million for
> Danish.

Also, a large number of Danes, Swedes and Norwegians know English (or
German/French) reasonably well, so it isn't that critical, IMHO.

> Even here in Europe, it looks to me like Swedish might have a
> stronger case for inclusion than Danish.

Either Swedish or Danish is OK for Scandinavians.  As a data point,
Sun chose to support only Swedish with full documentation in Solaris.

Kjetil T. (from Norway)