Re: IBM 830 Install problems...

>  Sorry to bother the list, but I didn't see anything about this in the
> archives... Has anyone had any success in install Debian onto IBM 830's,
> without using tftp (not currently an option for me). I've tried a handful
> of things,
> first the floppies, which load the boot image up until it asks for the root
> disk, and then everything locks up.

Are you using stable? That is identical to a problem on powermac that was
fixed just before the current stable version.

Maybe that change didn't make it into the PReP compile?

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |