Re: 2.3.6 uploaded

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:22:25AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> How are you going to upload it at all if you can't get it through the
> phone line?
Burn a CD and mail it to you, wait for my DSL, or build it on another
machine.
I went for option three.

> The error clearly is apt-get failing  out, then the script is merrily
> running along and noticing that it cannot find any of the packages
> that were supposed to be downloaded.  Sorta a "cascading" problem.
Yup.

> You say "does not fail at this place" -- where does it fail, then?
It didn't fail at all until I went home yesterday. Remember, on my home box
it built fine and even worked to some extent (I didn't try downloading all
the base stuff over my phone line, and it didn't like my partial local
mirror).
It failed when I was disconnected, but it was looking good until then. But
now with debootstrap buggy (?) I wonder if its worth the effort to try it
again...

Christian