Re: Extended floppy : summary

Thierry Laronde wrote:
> BTW, I had a look to the El Torito specifications, and if the floppy
> emulation is defined (720 Kb, 1.20, 1.44, 2.88), there is also "hard disk"
> and "no emulation" (like a hard disk but does not mask 0x80 one). So just to
> say that, if we can use more than 1.44, we will not be forced to make
> something special for El torito CDs : we shall be able to reuse the same
> image.

I have not found many systems that implement the "hard disk" El Torito
image other that the ia64 based systems I've used. I have found that
2.88 emulation is in almost all BIOSes that support El Torito at all. I
would _not_ expect that these systems would handle a hybrid format. Only
the ones listed above.

So back to the recommendation, one 2.88 floppy which is also used as the
El Torito image, and 2 or more 1.44 meg floppies for floppy boot. Other
sizes considered harmful.
--
Tim Riker - http://rikers.org/ - short SIGs! <g>
All I need to know I could have learned in Kindergarten