Fwd: Re: Request for addition: USB mass storage support

Note: forwarded message attached.

--- Begin Message ---
--- Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com> wrote: > On Tue,
Feb 20, 2001 at 04:53:40AM +0000, Mich?l
> Alexandre Salim wrote:
> What he's saying is that you can create a small DOS
> partition and copy
> a few things in there (including a batch file, and a
> kernel, and the
> tar.gz files from the installer, and a syslinux
> loader script...) and
> you can install without using floppy or CD-ROM.
>
> It's documented in the install documentation.  I did
> it with the laptop
> I'm typing to you on.  (No CD-ROM drive, no floppy
> drive, one bored
> afternoon...)

Ah, yes. Kludgey though, having the DOS partition
around... oh wait, you can delete it *during* the
install. Interesting... but since I am putting XFS on
anyway, I might as well tinker with the install
floppies too. Will anyone be interested in the
modifications?

Regards,

Michel