Re: Installation to software RAID

On 29 Nov 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

[skipped]
> It's absolutely not yet supported -- partly because it's not so easy
> (esp if root is a RAID device), and partly because potato included
> rather old raid-tools.
[skipped]

Hmmm, from RAID-Howto it seems, that there is no problem with RAID being
a root device. Besides, if there is such thing as Live! CD-ROM (which I've
never heard about) it would be quite simple to run Debian off it, create
RAID, partition it and then start the installer. Booting is a more
complicated issue though, but also manageable (I think).

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov