https://lists.debian.org/debian-nonprofit/  I read slowly so it took a while.  Unless it was just that the key programmers who were involved from 2003 to sometime in 2006 just got too busy with other work to see it through, I don't know why it was dropped.  In Feb 2007 there were several posts about dropping that list, all agreeing with that, but several expressing some disappointment that it hadn't worked out.  Benjamin Mako Hill wrote "I would love to see this project revived, but..."  I've copied names and email addresses for those who I think were most into the project, but before emailing to see if they'd consider reviving it, I'm wondering:
  • when I finish a draft of my nonprofit peer-peer software proposal, Where should I post it?  To the general mailing list for submissions?______ debian-blends@lists.debian.org , which would be my preference since more people might read and consider it, or https://lists.debian.org/debian-nonprofit/ ______
  • As is, it starts with a minor intro to the software's  use, then over half a page makes the case as to WHY I think it is extremely urgent to try to motivate the NGOs (and I include co-ops and unions) of the world to communicate and cooperate to an unprecedented degree - first among themselves, then in a coordinated and collective outreach to the general public; then the HOW/WHAT - I suggest some things I hope the software can help them accomplish.  I'm thinking that sequence - 1) a minor intro, then 2) the "WHY"s of its urgency due to worsening current world conditions then 3) most "HOW and WHAT" details following - would perhaps motivate more programmers to consider, and conclude that it would be a very urgent and timely Debian project worth working on. However, from something you wrote previously, I'm wondering if you think I should put all the WHAT details I'm advocating first, followed by the WHY's ?________
  • Such a Pure Blend could not only serve that massive communication process better than anything else I can think of, but give NGOs, Co-ops, activist groups in general an extra incentive to make the switch from Windows to Debian
  • BTW my proposal, as is, is about 3-4 pages of 12 point text, with add'l 2 pages of Endnotes (mainly links, and a few quotes).  Is that too big to submit to a mailing list?_____
 There is just one more new paragraph, inserted about 1 screen down from here.

Thanks for any help with this,
Bryan

On 2023-03-10 00:52, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Bryan,

Am Thu, Mar 09, 2023 at 12:24:21PM -0600 schrieb Bryan Hammond:
Hi Andreas

Thanks Very much for that prompt reply!
You have my permission to post/relay my email to that
"debian-blends@lists.debian.org' list. *In fact, please do relay it for me.*

Though I've been using a computer and email extensively since Jan 87, I've
never used a mailing list - and don't know how, yet. I'll learn soon, but
that email is urgent and I think its great that you're going to post it
where it will probably come to the attention to the most appropriate people
on the planet.
Well, using a mailing list ist simple: You write to that mailing list
address.  You can find the mailing list archive here:
   https://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/

Thank you, and the many others, who create these Debian Pure Blends - and
Debian itself.  Its the best example of international activist cooperation
and collaboration that I know of!  I just hope the CSOs/NGOs whom this blend
would be for will set as good an example, by making prompt and holistic use
of it.
How can you promise that people working in CSOs/NGOs will make prompt
and holistic use?  Do you have some grip on a certain amount of such
organisations to replace their current software setup by something else?
I can't be sure that many NGOs, co-ops, unions, activist orgs in general, will make that software switch, BUT I'm hoping that by: 1) giving a summary of the rapidly deteriorating world conditions - and backing it up with links to very credible people emphasizing the urgency of dealing with the problems, and 2) links that strongly make the case that the prevailing neoliberal corporate/investor-serving governments are NOT going to act quickly enough - if at all, and 3) therefore humanity's best hope is for the whole spectrum of Caring activists of the world to unite on a grand unprecedented scale ASAP, and collectively do what has to be done... and 4) in that context make the case there is little - if anything - that could better help those activists unite on the scale they must, as rapidly as they must - than software that simplifies their communicating, planning, cooperating, collaborating, and coordinating to do so.  In my opinion a Debian Pure Blend can best serve those, and more, purposes.

I'm afraid you have a too optimistic illusion how Free Software works
that there is someone sitting down for coding with the only goal to make
other people happy - but see below for my more detailed answer. ;-)