Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hello Andreas,

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

I think it is reasonable to fail with a warning.  I'm not fully sure
whether we finally really need the * start/end  automatically injected
changes * markers - we could agree upon making this list always the last
changelog entry and if it starts with some defined keyword it should be
possible to detect some previous entry which needs to be replaced or if
we should just add the entry.  For the moment I'll leave the decision
about using the markers or not to you in how far you consider this a
safe way of coding.

Yes you are right. The markers are not needed.  I changed the changelogentry rule in the Makefile. I did the opposite for the moment(oups my bad I did not read again the mail since the morning) , I add the changelog entry first and it finishes with a defined keyword, using that I can replace in case it already exists(I can revert it tomorrow)

Regarding the missing JSON files which means we can not really create
the changes record at all I'd vote for a failure.

OK, it works that way and in case of failure it prints a message mentioning the missing JSON.

 Please remember that for a new Blend no such entry is possible and that the
check should pass if there is only one release of the Blends metapackages.

Thanks for mentioning that, I had not included such a check, now it works that way :-)

> Also there is still one thing left(I forgot about that while I was at
> debconf). We should ask debian-edu people if they need the packages.txt /
> avoidpackages.txt to be stored in orig.tar.gz(should I send an email into
> this list?)

It might make sense to bring this topic up in a separate mail and also
CC debian-edu@lists.debian.org.

Yes I sent a mail. Petter's answer fully covered my question :-)

Kind regards

Emmanouil