Re: kernel config used for cluster knoppix

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:37:55PM +0100, kegwasher wrote:
> As there is no newsgroup (yet) for a beowulf using knoppix I will keep
> asking my questions here.  Does anyone have the kernel config with a list
> of patches used.  I can not seem to find one and the idea of blindly
> guessing sounds pretty boring.

 One of the patches is openMosix, from www.openmosix.org.  The
clusterKNOPPIX download page says:
   The openMosix kernel is build from the (soon to be released) openMosix
   2.4.22-2 release

 If the kernel is installed from a normal .deb build by kernel-package, the
config should be in /boot/config-<version>.

 No other patches are mentioned, so it's probably vanilla 2.4.22 + the oM
patch.  If you're using an SMP system with openMosix, you should use a
kernel <= 2.4.21, or one with an oM patch from later than Dec 15, 2003,
which was when I fixed the pipe bug.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)