Re: Maybe it's time we start moderating this group

Joel Baker <lucifer@lightbearer.com>:

> I'll be blunt: I considered the issue of posting from non-reading addresses
> and then wait "Wait. What am I *thinking*? Hotmail gives out *free* email
> addresses. Why should I have to deal with *more* spam just so these folks
> can have chronically broken setups?"

This isn't the only reason people post with addresses differing from their
subscription address.

*You* control the spam entering your mailbox.  It is not the list's
responsibility, which the spam could easily have circumvented.  Obscurity is
not security.

> I vote for closing it off. I guarantee it will reduce the spam to just
> about nil.

Until spammers start forging harvested subscriber addresses.

--
Drew