Re: DELAYED upload?

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022, IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU) wrote:

> i do not like this workflow, as it involves needless context switches.
> while i'm preparing the upload to "unstable", my mind is focused on the
> package. preparing/building/uploading to "backports" is just a tiny additional
> step - while focused.
> but having to do this work a week later is a completely different thing.

Why not do both? Prepare (and test) the backport immediately, but
upload it only once you got the mail that your package has migrated
to testing.

You’d only need to retest for a very small fraction of package types,
so it’d really be only signing and uploading the .changes you created
some time ago.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!