Re: Kernel 2.6.38 for squeeze

Am 17.04.11 06:01, schrieb Thomas Goirand:
I have an old laptop with a bad internal WiFi board, so I bought a newer
RaLink driver. To make it work, I had to add the option "rt2800usb -
Include support for rt33xx devices (EXPERIMENTAL)" and "rt2800usb -
Include support for rt35xx devices (EXPERIMENTAL)". These are not
activated in your build (I've just checked).

I believe that one of the most important point of running a backported
kernel is to have such drivers for newer hardware. Could you please
include the option above? The options to activate are as below:

CONFIG_RT2800PCI_RT33XX
CONFIG_RT2800PCI_RT35XX
CONFIG_RT2800USB_RT33XX
CONFIG_RT2800USB_RT35XX

If you include the above options, I'll be able to test your backport
instead of the quick and dirty one that I did myself.

That's something that should be done in the package itself, not just in the backport. I added the debian-kernel mailinglist to CC, but you should just file a bugreport against the package in unstable.

Regards

Norbert