Re: Backport of v4l-utils and upload rights for DMs

On 2011-01-20 10:16, Gregor Jasny wrote:
> I'm the Maintainer of v4l-utils and became recently a Debian Maintainer.
> The backported version of v4l-utils is a little bit outdated and I'd
> like to update it during the next days.
>
> Is there any chance to get my key into the backports keyring? The status
> for DMs is a litte bit unclear to me.
[...]

I actually asked a similar question a while ago.

http://lists.backports.org/lurker-bpo/message/20100702.230800.1494f0bb.en.html

The documentation on uploading to backports defines two categories,
Debian Developer and Non Debian Developer. It appears that Debian
Maintainers are in the Non Debian Developer category, i.e. DMs need a DD
to sponsor an upload to backports.

http://backports.debian.org/Contribute/#index3h3

--
Michael Diers, elego Software Solutions GmbH, http://www.elego.de