Re: Problem pinning openoffice from lenny-backports

Hi,
	I had started a similar thread in September, so I'll try to contribute
here... The results of the discussion back there were:
1- you cannot pin openoffice in any distribution by simply giving it priority
higher than 500, since you would need to pin all openoffice.org* packages and
apt/preferences does not allow that: you'd have to list **explicitely** one
by one all packages openoffice.org-base, openoffice.org-calc, etc.
2- the second best option is what's explained in the backports.org
instructions page, that is install it manually once as you did and
pin openoffice.org/backports with priority 200. After the manual install,
priority 200 is enough to let apt automagically upgrade openoffice when a new
version is added to backports. At least it was working for me during the last
months of etch...

Regarding your error message, I cannot help on that. The only suggestion is
that, when I had troubles with apt, I found very useful to run "apt-cache
policy packagename".

Best regards,
	Matteo