Re: Releasing linux/6.1.52-1 bookworm-security update without armel build, Image size problems

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for not replying early, busy with preparing the updates.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 03:41:15AM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 09, 2023 at 10:15:59AM +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> > Note that the last time the problem arised already earlier in
> > experimental and Ben workarounded it there with
> > https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/commit/9dfe6d33a4fd220394228b30cbbfdb3b444d36ec
> > We probably can do that as well here. 60443c88f3a8 ("kallsyms: Improve
> > the performance of kallsyms_lookup_name()") was in fact backported to
> > 6.1.42. So this is next I would try and disable MPTCP and
> > FUNCTION_TRACER.
>
> Yes, that looks reasonable.

Great thanks, this landed now for the point release udpates and in
fact we have the armel builds back.

> Additionally, one generic cause of bloat is:
>   debian/changelog:  * Enable UNICODE. (closes: #985689)
>   debian/config/config:CONFIG_UNICODE=y
>
> That's 74 kB uncompressed, and there doesn't seem to be any
> justification for not making it modular. It's not urgent since
> Bens change handles the immediate problem, but worth changing
> in unstable.

Could you fill a bug against src:linux for it, so this might be
further addressed in unstable for armel?

Regards,
Salvatore