Re: armbian for arm64's is 99% debian testing for arm64's.

On Thursday, 29 December 2022 04:29:02 CET Paul Wise wrote:
> > Armbian != Debian.
>
> While that is true, it seems that Armbian is an overlay derivative,
> which means that they just use Debian binaries for most packages,

While that is also true, Armbian does make their own kernel, with custom
configuration and patches, and their own (patched) u-boot.
And IMO those are the 2 most important parts when it comes to whether hardware
works or not and any issues that may stem from that.

So while technically it likely is true that armbian is 99% Debian, I would be
cautious with inviting armbian users to Debian's support channels.

I don't foresee any issue with using 'dfu-util' from Debian though.