Re: Is there any "easy to use" arm64 laptop

I have a PBP and mostly like it except:

1. The small physical size and 1920x1080 resolution make old-school non-GUI stuff almost impossible.

2. The touch pad has the usual buttons but they're unmarked.  And it's a black touchpad in a black case so in low lighting it takes experimenting to find the buttons.

But I did buy one and then invested in a 1 TB SSD which fits inside.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 7:03 AM Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin@juszkiewicz.com.pl> wrote:
W dniu 13.10.2020 o 12:47, Andrei POPESCU pisze:
> On Ma, 13 oct 20, 09:28:15, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>
>> Since I have not given up the plan to have a "small laptop replacement"
>> for my amd64 workhorse, I wonder whether you might be able to recommend
>> some hardware with the following features:
>
> The PineBookPro comes pretty close to your requirements, provided you
> are willing to run bullseye on it.
>
>>     1. Easy installation from Debian installer USB medium (just if
>>        I would install some Intel machine but with an arm64 image)
>
> SD card images only[1].

If you spend an hour on building U-Boot for on-board SPI flash then you
can use normal AArch64 ISO.

I went that way on RockPro64 (RK3399 like Pinebook Pro).