Re: a Debian executable on Android

Yes, but being unable to update the kernel is problematic.

For example, android versions of kernels often lack features linux
users expect, like iptables.

Debian userland without ability to update host OS past vendor
abandonment has issues.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 7:28 PM Alan Corey <alan01346@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are also odd ways of running Debian under Android like the
> Debian kit.  They use Android's Linux kernel and supply most of a
> Debian userland.  The trouble is it's pretty busy accomplishing
> nothing in Android, the load average in Debian is pretty high.  Search
> Debian on Google Play if you're interested.  I haven't bothered with
> it in a while.
>
> On 3/25/19, Tony Godshall <togo@of.net> wrote:
> >> Also, any device that has a yes in the mainline column for postmarketOS:
> >>
> >> https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Devices
> >
> > OK, so that's a precious short list, many not actual hardware, with
> > two surprises (Sony).
> >
> > Generic Generic x64 uefi
> > LG Nexus 5 lg-hammerhead
> > Nokia N9
> > Nokia N900
> > Pine A64-LTS
> > Qemu aarch64
> > QEMU amd64
> > Qemu vexpress
> > Raspberry Pi Foundation Raspberry Pi 1 & 2
> > Raspberry Pi Foundation Raspberry Pi 3
> > Raspberry Pi Foundation Raspberry Pi Zero
> > Sony Xperia Z2
> > Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
> > Teclast X80 Pro
> > TrekStor Surftab Wintron 7.0
> >

> --
> No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
> Cities are cages built to contain excess people and keep them from
> cluttering up nature.
> Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach

Best Regards.
This is unedited.
This message came out of me
via a suboptimal keyboard.