Re: loss of synaptic due to wayland

On Lu, 08 iul 19, 07:42:46, Gene Heskett wrote:

> yes it was, and no solution was offered that I read about. And no,
> aptitude is not a replacement. I've hit q for quit and had it tear a
> working system down to doing a reinstall to recover, 3 times now.

I used to be a heavy aptitude user in the past, on unstable (i.e. almost
daily package upgrades). It does have it quirks. It also shows very
clearly what it is about to do before you press the final 'g'.

> It may be capable, but imnsho its also dangerous. Having it do
> anything but quit instantly when you hit the quit key q, hit because
> you're lost is unforgivable.

Thanks, but no thanks. Having it exit immediately in the middle of a
complex upgrade just because I hit 'q' by mistake is not nice and might
leave your system in a very bad state.

Once an action has been started it might be possible to interrupt it
with Ctrl+C. Please do so at your own risk.

Kind regards,
Andrei