Re: Why so little info on the Pocket Beagle?

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Alan Corey <alan01346@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does it do video over SPI?  Many LCDs run like that.  Maybe you can
> run a VNC server then connect to it through whatever ethernet you end
> up with.  I have Debian on a phone like that.  Seems weird to have no
> video, not even 2 wires for composite.  I guess I'll have to wait a
> few days until it gets here and see, I was just trying to get stuff
> ordered ahead where possible.  Got the
> bone-debian-9.1-iot-armhf-2017-09-26-4gb.img.xz image downloaded.
> Beagle and SD card still in the mail.

I'd advise you to grab Sunday's snapshot:

https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2017-10-01/stretch-iot/bone-debian-9.1-iot-armhf-2017-10-01-4gb.img.xz

Last Thursday/Friday, i finished up enabling all the pinmux options in
the "config-pin" utility.. This allows you to individually control
every i/o on both 36 headers.  "config-pin" also allows you to switch
the pin/peripheral connections, so you can take a pin that defaults as
usart, and change it to gpio/i2c/pru/etc.. (config-pin -q
PX_YZ/config-pin -l PX_YZ will give you all the actuall possiblitys on
a pin by pin basis)..

yesterday i enabled the pwm, can1, usart2, and usart4 interfaces, so
the next snapshot will have those options available to users too..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/