Re: ARM Ports BoF: armel in buster

Quoting uhmgawa <uhmgawa@member.fsf.org>:
We probably should be leveraging a cross built embedded class distro which
would place us in that mainstream and solve many of our logistical problems.

As long as you have enough flash memory (some hundreds of MiB) and RAM
(at least 64 MiB, better 128 MiB), Debian runs fine on such hardware
in my experience. It depends on your applications, of course.

Could you tell us something about your hardware and application?

But support of that architecture
was likely never more than a coincidental goal for non-embedded
server/workstation distros.

Debian is supposed to be the "universal operating system". I.e. it is for
server + workstation + embedded + whatever. This is different from most
other Linux distributions.