Re: ARM Ports BoF: armel in buster

On 08/28/2017 12:53 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
OTOH the only relevant hardware for armel these days seems
to be RPi, so why not make armel into armhfv6 instead?

Aren't most RPi users running Raspian anyway which is armhf with -march
set to ARMv6? Bumping armel from soft-fp to ARMv6 hard-fp doesn't seem to
make much sense to me though.

For the record, we're running pukka Debian on top of the Raspbian Jessie kernel etc. on roughly a dozen RPis here.

We found that to be the preferable combination since we needed KDE and found that it didn't play nicely with the Raspbian display subsystem, although we might reconsider that now that Raspbian "Stretch" is available.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk