Re: contemplating conversion of an r-pi3b based system to a rock64

On Sunday 27 August 2017 19:11:33 Alan Corey wrote:

> They claim Debian support, sort of, but then they don't speak English
> much either probably.  They have forums at https://forum.pine64.org/
> maybe you could ask around there.  They have a newly out Jessie
> mentioned at
> https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=4849&pid=30643#pid30643
> but admit it has problems.  Doesn't sound like a production machine
> for everyday use yet.

Needs lots more emphasis on the YET!! :)

By the time mine fall out of the mailbox, maybe things will have
improved, said the lab rat hopefully. That will be in the vicinity of 2
weeks, maybe more.

> They seem to focus on Android and Ubuntu.
> Sounds like fun, right up a lab rat's alley.  You may not get much
> else done for a while.

There are priorities, like right now, my mower deck is laying on a work
table, trying to get the belt paths re-aligned so it doesn't throw the
belt everytime I disengage it. I still have to cut and drill for clips
to replace the welded on nuts that were the "pins" in the deck
suspension linkage.  That made 2 hours worth of work twisting the nuts
to break the weld so I could actually drop the deck. Should have been
about a minute on each side. Once on the table it was hours with a 4 lb
hammer trying to reshape the deck to something it might have looked like
before 20 years worth of rust weakened it, make new means of anchoring
the posts that were supposed to keep the belt on the sheeves when
slackened to stop the blades.  Some of that was very poorly executed by
John Deere a couple decades back up the log. Some bits of it had to have
failed on the trailer taking it home from the dealer with the green
paint still stinky from being newly applied in East Moline Ill.

The 1st priority is getting this jungle knocked down again.

Then 2nd, finding a load the new 6.5 CreedMoor barrel I just put in old
meat in the pot, likes well enough to shoot a 10 shot, 10mm group at 100
meters.  I've a hankerin for fresh venison this season.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)