kernel cross compile for RPi3 instructions

Greetings,

I have an RPi3 and have followed the instructions at [0] to install Stretch on the Pi.

I am now hoping to cross compile and install the new kernel image (and modules). I have made some attempts at cross compiling the kernel and installing the image for u-boot.

It's currently not working and before I post details about my process and the console output I was wondering if anyone had a link to instructions for cross compiling a kernel and installing it to u-boot for an RPi3.

Any advice?

Thanks!

-m

[0] https://michaelfranzl.com/2016/10/31/raspberry-pi-debian-stretch/