Re: cubox i4x4 hard drive seen in D-I but not in installed system.

On 20/12/16 12:50, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

I have a CuBox-i 4 (not 4x4). It's currently in stable use, and have
not fiddled with it for long (and right now, it sits 7000Km away from
me), but if I recall correctly, any USB media needed for the boot
process (i.e. a keyboard) has to be inserted in the lower port. I know
the issue seems completely different from yours, but this might be an
important point to get your issue properly solved.
Just tried moving the power cable for my HDD to the lower port, that made no difference.

I then tried plugging the power cable for hard drive into a HTC phone charger. That made the drive show up without needing to use the "hotplug" option.

So it seems this is indeed a timing issue between power up of the USB port and initialisation of the SATA interface either because USB init is being sequenced after SATA init or because the hard drive takes some time from power up to being ready to talk on the SATA interface.