Re: Debian on RPi

Paul Wise wrote:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 6:07 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

Is there still a kernel etc. anywhere for the original Raspberry Pi?

The wiki says you need a custom version of the Linux kernel, so
probably you'll have to grab the one from Raspbian:

https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi

I'd been going round in circles with the Debian wiki and Raspbian's download site, but I think I see what you mean: use the kernel etc. from Raspbian plus an armel root.

pukka Debian

What is pukka Debian? Typo?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pukka

i.e. Debian e.g. from http://sjoerd.luon.net/posts/2015/02/debian-jessie-on-rpi2/ as distinct from Raspbian.

In practice I'm already using a Raspbian kernel with a root built on stuff from the link above, and doing something comparable for a v1 (i.e. no hf) doesn't sound like too big a deal.

The issue that's causing this is that usb_modeswitch will work properly with a 4G router on Debian on a Pi3, but not on Raspbian on a Pi2 or Pi1. I feel on firmer ground trying to faultfind this on with pukka Debian, looking for different binary or script files hasn't got me anywhere.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk