Re: SheevaPlug and Debian jessie

Am 08.04.2015 um 21:36 schrieb Martin Michlmayr:
> My SheevaPlug instructions don't work for jessie.  I'm not sure if we
> just need an update to the instructions or whether a fix in the
> installer is required.  Unfortunately, I don't have a SheevaPlug
> anymore, so I am looking for help.
>
> The instructions currently refer to the 2011.12-3 u-boot, which
> doesn't pass the DTB blob to the kernel, but the jessie kernel for
> SheevaPlug has moved to DT.
>
> Can someone confirm that the 2014.10+dfsg1-4 u-boot on SheevaPlug
> passes a correct DT to the kernel?
>
> Can someone with a SheevaPlug look into this?

I have Sheevaplug here which is currently running wheezy. The last time
I upgraded uboot on that device as before the installation of squeeze
some time ago. If there's anything I can do, I'd love to help getting
jessie to run on that device.

However I'm new to the topic of DTBs. I can see that there are several
dtb files included in the linux-image-3.16.0-4-kirkwood but I'm not sure
what needs to be done for the correct one to be appended (or if that's
supposed to happen automatically).

So I guess the first step would be to download the jessie u-boot
package, get the u-boot.kwb from the sheevaplug directory and upgrade
u-boot. Do the upgrade instructions on your web site still apply to this
version?

After that worked, I would need instructions what to do test if the DT
is passed to the kernel. If it comes down to just upgrading u-boot and
following the howto on your website until something doesn't work as
expected, I can try that of course.

Regards,
Helmut