Re: Cubietech Cubieboard3 / Cubietruck support under Debian Jessie?

On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 17:51 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Before I go crazy:
>
> There are at least three issues with full support:
>
> 1. "Mainline" kernel versus Allwinner/Sun-xi kernel.
>
> Debian support on mainline kernel does not support
> all Cubietruck features.

Such as what? AFAIK it supports network, MMC and AHCI. WiFi worked for
me once the firmware was added.

NAND is currently missing because there is no upstream driver (I believe
this is currently being worked on).

> I'm chasing up to Cambridge for the ARM mini-Debconf next week: is
> there anything useful I can do to improve isntaller support
> / get Jessie working better on this hardware?

Please can you be more specific about what you think doesn't work with
the installer?

Most of the stuff which is missing is upstream kernel functionality, so
if you are looking for things to do then that would be the place to
offer to help I think.

> I'm not desperately up to speed - it's been a while :)

Have you seen:
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner ? I think it is in
better shape than you seem to think, certainly multiple people have
installed Jessie on Cubie* without much problems.

Ian.