Re: QNAP 219 P II, Luks, Debian

On Sun, 2014-09-07 at 15:56 +0100, Tim Fletcher wrote:
> On 05/09/14 11:38, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 07:02 -0400, Li, Peng wrote:
> >> Thanks for looking into this. Here's output.
> >
> > Strange, that all looks like I would expect so I'm not sure why it isn't
> > working.
> >
> > I've got a dmesg for the non-working case in the thread but could you
> > post one for the working case so I can compare please.
>
> It feels to me like either an ordering question (ie tries to mount root
> before luks has run) or that the cryptsetup script isn't making use of
> the param.conf settings correctly.

I agree.

It occurs to me only now to look and bugs.debian.org and:

Looking at the initramfs scripts provided by cryptsetup I'm not seeing
any param.conf handing, but I am seeing some /proc/cmdline scrobbling. I
wonder if the bug is not using the $ROOT provided by the initramfs core
and instead poking into /proc/cmdline?

Ian.