Re: Making deb for ARMEL

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Arshan Awais wrote:

> I have seen a deb Hylafax package for ARM architecture in wheezy repo. Now I
> have modified the source code and want to Cross-compile and make .deb
> Hylafax for arm, so please give me a guide line of how debian maintainers
> accomplish this task.

All Debian binary packages are currently compiled natively. For armel
this means we compile armel .deb binary packages on ARM hardware, in
particular these machines:

http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=alain
http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=alwyn
http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=ancina
http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=antheil
http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=arcadelt
http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=arnold

There is a plan for adding cross-compilers for Debian architectures to
Debian but it isn't completed and implemented yet:

http://wiki.debian.org/MultiarchCrossToolchains

--
bye,
pabs