Re: Raspbian checks and question for Jessie

Hi,

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Well given arm6 binaries will install and work perfectly on official
> armhf systems, making it a new architecture seems like a bad idea.
>
> That would be like saying i486 optimized packages should be a different
> architecture than i686 optimized packages.  There isn't really a good
> reason to do that.

So what would be the consequences of redefining armhf's minimum
hardware requirements, i.e. would there a noticable performance loss
on more modern systems if armhf would be built to include armv6 in the
future?

    Regards, Axel (currently thinking about buying an Olinuxino)
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin