Re: Latest SheevaPlug u-boot

HI,

I'm trying to build the very latest u-boot version for SheevaPlug.
The reason is the below thread:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2012-October/138533.html

In short u-boot fails to mount ubifs partition after power short. If I
boot from USB stick debian kernel manage to recover the partition.
People from u-boot stuff suggested me to apply a number of patches to
u-boot. They sad that it should let u-boot to be able to mount broken
ubifs partition after that.

I have build latest u-boot main line using native GCC on one of my
running SheevaPlug boards.
Before I tun it and potentially brick my board I'd like to ask if
someone did it.

I was in contact with Martin Michlmayr and Clint who maintain Debian
port of the u-boot for Marvell boards. Martin told me:

> There are some but not many; e.g. there are some patches to add SD
> support on the SheevaPlug.
> You can download the source code from the Debian repo and check it out;
> the Debian patches are split out.

Actually I do not care about SD support and want to try main line
u-boot. Should it work?
If not what is the procedure to build Debian one?

Thanks.