Re: QNAP TS219 poweroff problem

* Rolf Offermanns <rolf@offermanns.de> [2012-05-11 00:05]:
> What happens when you press the power button for more than 5s? Will
> you machine power off? Because mine does not but instead goes into the
> state described above. The only option I have once it is in this state
> is to powercycle. Otherwise it will not turn on again.

Typing 'halt' powers off my TS-219P.

Pressing the power button will also power off my TS-219P, although I
don't recommend this since iirc this won't shut down Linux but simply
turn off power.

Maybe you can go back to the QNAP firmware and see if it's working
there.  But sounds like your device has hardware troubles.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/