Re: Does anyone recommend the Smart Book from Always Innovating

Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@genesi-usa.com> writes:

> On 14 November 2011 11:05, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
>> 5) No internal usb slots to add extras
>
> I fail to understand that point, add what? It's not like there is huge
> space available in the smartbook case anyway -and that was the point.
> There are 2 external USB slots, one SD card slot and one mini-SD card
> slot -plus a SIM card slot in case you want 3G connectivity as well.
> What more would you like to see/add inside the case? I know I would
> like ethernet builtin but unfortunately it takes costs quite higher,
> and I don't think that's what you mean anyway.

Adding an ethernet card could be one thing or a usb-serial
adaptor. Those would require some work on the casing though to fit the
connector.

Simple thing to add would be 2 USB sticks for more "disk" space. If you
plug them in externally then you need to remove them for transport,
which sucks. One could also add an USB harddisk, a nice SSD disk.

MfG
        Goswin