Fwd: Boot Problems

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Boot Problems
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 21:29:53 +0200
From: Brian <brian_dorling@t-online.de>
To: debian-arm-request@lists.debian.org

Hi, I have a Debian Slug with V5.0.4, Kernel = vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-ixp4xx.
Booting
from a Disk works OK, then I tried to clone that system to an USB stick,
something that I have done multiple times already, but I cannot get it
to work
now. Ethernet light is on and after flashing the USB drive led a few
times, that
is it.

I copied the system to the USB via rsync and then edited FSTAB to use the
correct UUID for the USB stick.

This worked for me until I did an upgrade of the Debian yesterday, that
was done
on the disk and it ended up by flashing the kernel (I hope). After this
upgrade the disk boots OK.

Looking in the Wiki I see that the kernel can specify the boot disk, but
that this was not done up
till now, is that still the case? Is that my problem?

I just want to be able to decide whether to boot from the disk or USB stick,
only one will be plugged in, in the Disk1 connector.

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Cheers Brian

BTW I already asked this on the yahoo group nslu2.linux, then saw that I
should really use this list for Debian on NSLU2.