Re: Important note for QNAP TS-11x/TS-21x users re mtd5 partition

Two more notes about this issue:

First, if you're affected by this problem, be assured that it's no big
deal.  We can easily fix your mtd5 partition.  Just run the script and
get in touch in case you're affected.

Second, I've now updated my docs so they work with both variants of the
recovery mode and this means that you'll need a copy of *all* of your
flash partitions.  My install guide used to tell you only to make a
backup of some partitions.  If you don't have copies of all your
partitions yet, please make a copy *now*:

    cat /dev/mtdblock0 > mtd0
    cat /dev/mtdblock4 > mtd4
    cat /dev/mtdblock5 > mtd5

and then copy mtdX to another machine.

(You should have copies of mtd1, mtd2 and mtd3 already.)

Also, I recommended that you create periodic recovery images of your
flash, so you have a recovery image in case something goes wrong with
Debian.

    cat /dev/mtdblock0 /dev/mtdblock4 /dev/mtdblock5 /dev/mtdblock1 /dev/mtdblock2 /dev/mtdblock3 > recovery

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/