Re: arm port plans for the squeeze cycle

+++ Martin Michlmayr [2009-08-18 08:58 -1000]:
> * Martin Guy <martinwguy@gmail.com> [2009-08-18 19:38]:
> > Just checking, as I'm outside the Debian ARM inner circle...
> >
> > Is the arm port being dropped in squeeze in favour of armel as planned?
>
> Yes.

Presumably the old arm port will hang around in oldstable for another
year or so? Are the (likely) dates written anywhere?

I wonder if there is value in someone archiving lenny arm somewhere as
it may remain useful for a surprisingly long time to people who have
not migrated old hardware (after lenny oldstable has been removed
from the Debian archive). Does this already happen somewhere anyway?

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/