Debian on openrd-base howto

I installed debian on a OpenRD-base board.
I took some notes, and I thought they could be useful since I needed
to gather infos scattered around the net.
A tftp server it's needed. I used atftpd.
All the commands are entered via (usb)serial console to the openrd.

It goes like this:

* Update uboot:

Download http://openrd.googlegroups.com/attach/82f086b82c44e412/u-boot-3.4.19-openrd.zip?part=2
and put it in you tftpd directory.

Upgrade uboot via tftp (USB did not work for me):

    setenv serverip 192.168.1.2 # IP of your TFTP server
    setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.200 # an IP in the same subnet
    bubt uboot.bin

Say N to "override parameters", then:

    reset

* Set Uboot for mainline linux:

    setenv arcNumber 2325
    setenv mainlineLinux yes
    saveenv
    reset

* Download the installer

Download:
    http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/openrd-base/uImage
    http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/openrd-base/uInitrd
and put both the files in your tftpd dir.

* Downlad the installer on the openRD via tftp and boot it:

    setenv serverip 192.168.1.2 # IP of your TFTP server
    setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.200 # an IP in the same subnet
    tftpboot 0x0800000 uInitrd
    tftpboot 0x400000 uImage
    setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200n8
base-installer/initramfs-tools/driver-policy=most
    bootm 0x400000 0x0800000

* Install debian :)

* Set the bootloader to boot the installed system:
If you installed on a SATA (not E-SATA) disk:

    setenv bootargs_console console=ttyS0,115200
    setenv bootcmd_sata 'ide reset; ext2load ide 0:1 0x0800000
/uInitrd; ext2load ide 0:1 0x400000 /uImage'

These are valid if you have a separate boot partition as the first of
the disk; use /boot/uInitrd and /boot/uImage if you have a single
partition. Change the number after the colon for other partitions -
0:2 for the second and so on.

I think the procedure should be almost the same on openRD-client, just
remember to:
    setenv arcNumber 2361
instad of  "setenv arcNumber 2325" and to download the installer from
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/openrd-client/

Cheers,

Luca