Re: How to write a bootsektor on a CF-Card if I have only a i386 and amd64?

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 05:39:35PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a ARM based computer and it is working fine wirh a BSD derivat.
>
> But I do not like to use BSD and want to install Debian on it.
>
> OK, I have some modified scripts and botstraped a full ARM installation
> on my 1 GByte "SanDisk Ultra II" plus a Cross-Compiled ARM Kernel with
> all modules included.
>
> But HOW can I write now my Bootsektor?
>
> I have only a Workstation (Opteron 140, amd64), my IBM TP570 (P2/366)
> and my VIA EPIA (i386).
>
> Note:  The ARM-PCB has currently no USB port
>        or any other PATA/SATA ports...
>        Only the CF-Card slot!

Booting on an arm almost never involves a boot sector on disk.  It tends
to have settings in some internal flash that contains the kernel and
ramdisk and settings to use.

Perhaps if you mentioned which machine you have someone would happen to
know what the boot process on it is.

--
Len Sorensen